Cupcakes and Oreos


I had been meaning to say a huge thanks to by sister, Heather, who did an awesome fundraiser for us at Christmas. She actually made about 900 chocolate covered oreos and sold them with all the proceeds going to our adoption. It was pretty amazing. I am thankful I wasn't around when she was working on them, because I know I would have eaten them all. She presented us with a big check on Christmas morning in a little mini oreo container, which was really cute!

My mom has now taken on a new task...selling cupcakes for Valentine's Day Weekend. Unfortunatly, I have been in the house when she is making them, and we "have" to test them! She is selling 12 Flavors (Peanut Butter Chocolate, Ultimate Chocolate, Pina Colada, PBJ, Lemon Lover, Red Velvet, Banana Chip, Cookies and Cream, Sugar and Spice, Strawberry Supreme, Rocky Road, and Pink Lemonade), so you can imagine I am fastly gaining weight! She has gone above and beyond on these cupcakes and has really become passionate about it. We have already taken orders for about 500 cupcakes...not sure how in the world we are going to make them, but if anyone can do it, my mom can (I will be sure to blog on that whole weekend event)!

My family has been amazingly supportive. Kristen had yard sales, Heath makes Oreos, Mom makes cupcakes, and Dad has funerals and weddings! Everyone has pitched in to do something to make a difference with this adoption. Our kids are going to be walking into a family that already has an indescribable love for them, and that's pretty cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Heart...

Stories Matter

The Hands That Hold Your Heart...